Free Responsive WordPress Maintenance Mode Plugins
Enabling a nice worpdress plugin maintenance mode while you prepare or update your site.
Many times when someone first gets their domain and website setup with wordpress, they will leave the default theme in place and put something on it like "COMING SOON". Then spend time testing wordpress themes and plugins. Well, if you don't have a local test server setup to do this beforehand, the best way to display your website is with a nice, beautiful maintenace mode plugin. The plugins below will allow for links to your social media sites so you can refer your site and not worry about people looking at an unfinished, unprofessional looking page.
3 of these plugins are absolutely free and definitely worth using and the premium plugin below, MiniGO, is my favorite because not only can it be used as a coming soon page but also a basic one page mini website.
1. WP Maintenance Mode (FREE)
Inside your admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add New - and search for the plugin by its name. Activate the plugin and your blog is in maintenance-mode, only registered users with enough rights can see the front end. You can use a date with a countdown timer for visitor information or set a value and unit for information. Also works with WordPress Multisite installs (each blog from the network has it's own maintenance settings).
- Fully customizable (change colors, texts and backgrounds);
- Subscription form (export emails to .csv file);
- Countdown timer (remaining time);
- Contact form (receive emails from visitors);
- Coming soon page;
- Landing page templates;
- WordPress multisite;
- Responsive design;
- Social media icons;
- Works with any WordPress theme;
- Exclude URLs from maintenance.
2. Easy Maintenance Mode (FREE)
This plugin allows you to quckly create a maintenance page or under construction page for your website. Inside your admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add New - and search for the plugin by its name. Then just activate the plugin, Setup Page Title , Description and then your page is ready to go.
- Works with any WordPress Theme
- 503:Status mode
- Provide Social connectivity(Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- Free Maintenance mode page template
- Flexible and user-friendly setup
- Live Preview of coming soon page
- Very easy customization of page template setup
- Simple admin settings and simple customization of Background Color, Background Image, Fonts color and fonts style etc..
- Visible only non logged user.
- Add Html content in description
- There is also a Pro Version with extra features that you can view by going to the plugin page
3. Easy Pie Coming Soon Page (FREE)
When Coming Soon Page is displayed it collects valuable emails from potential customers in a friendly and professional way. Coming Soon Page is also theme independent, having been confirmed to work well with top WordPress themes.
Finally, your visitors won't be just shown your web host's parked domain page, instead they'll know your site is truly 'Coming Soon'!
- Professional look
- Highly customizable
- Fully Responsive
- Optional countdown timer
- No HTML required
- CSS customizable but not required
- Use built in backgrounds or your own to give Coming Soon Page a great look
- Add your own logo
- Preview from Admin panel
- Subscriber list shows name and emails of visitors
- Simple indicator easily lets you know when Coming Soon mode is on
- Easily translatable
- Facebook Support, Google+ Support, Twitter Support
- Choose either a 503 or 200 HTTP status when in Coming Soon mode
- Selectively disable Coming Soon Page on certain URLs
- Export email addresses gathered by Coming Soon Page to CSV for compatibility with MailChimp, AWeber and other major email providers.
And finally my favorite, MiniGO, because it has the most features and personally I believe the best quality look. It also allows support for just about all social media icons and links. This premium plugin costs US $16. And don't be scared by all the features, it's still just as easy as the others to setup.
MiniGO - Uber Minimal Flat Coming Soon WP Plugin / (Premium - US $16)
You will be able to customize a ton of options from the plugin admin panel without any need to code but also have the ability to do in-depth customisations with the help of the included SASS source files for advanced users.
- Slick 3D perspective page transitions.
- 5 Full Screen Background Types : Video (hosted or youtube), Ken Burns Image Slideshow, Fade Image Slideshow, Continuous Fade and Solid Color background.
- Several customisation options for each background type.
- 2 Styles of count down timer, 3D Square and 3D Rounded (Piechart).
- Fully Responsive, looks awesome on anything from phones and tablets to large computer screens.
- Optional content background window for increased contrast on brighter main backgrounds.
- Font Awesome icon fonts (360 icons to choose from).
- Google Web Fonts were used for good browser compatibility.
- MailChimp support for e-mail subscribers as well as hosted e-mail address saving support (custom script).
- Working contact form via customizable php script.
- 41 Overlay Pixel Patterns for the Fullscreen Background with customizable transparency.
- Extensive help file.
- HTML5 and CSS3 have been used.
- SASS sources included for advanced users.
- PSD Photoshop design included.
- HTML version included ($6 value).
- Powerful admin panel to help change the numerous available options (70+).
- 5 Custom Shortcodes to help set up your pages easier.
- In the Admin Panel you will be able to:
- Set the plugin in Coming Soon, Maintenance or Off modes.
- Choose the site title, upload your logo, set it’s size, upload favicon.
- Turn the translucent content background On or Off.
- Add custom CSS code to change the styling and add extra HTML code like Google Analytics.
- Edit the content of all three pages independently (splash page, left and right pages) with the help of 5 shortcodes, enable or disable the left and right pages.
- Change the button labels, icons and titles for the left and right pages.
- Enable or disable the countdown, choose it’s style (3D Square or Pie Chart), choose the start and end dates and times and customize the countdown text labels (easier for translation).
- Select the background type (Solid Color, Image Slideshow – Ken Burns, Fade, Continuous Fade -, Video or YouTube video).
Change specific background options for each of the background types :
- Solid Color – color selection and transparent toggle;
- Ken Burns Slideshow – time between slides, minimum and maximum scales, minimum and maximum movement, choose and edit the images used;
- Fade and Continuous Fade – time between slides and image gallery;
- Video – fallback image (for mobiles w/o video support), video volume (0 for mute), upload MP4/WebM/OGG file formats for best browser compatibility;
- YouTube Video or Playlist – fallback image, video volume, youtube video or playlist url, start at time and end at time.
- Add your own pattern overlay or choose from 41 included presets, set the pattern overlay opacity.
- Add/Remove/Reorder/Edit contact info shortcode elements through slides (ex. phone, e-mail, address). Each slide has a label (text), optional link, icon chooser and force new row option.
- Edit all the contact form settings (field and button labels, success message, target mail address, e-mail subject prefix).
- Edit all the subscribe form settings (use MailChimp on/off, MailChimp API Key and List ID, see, edit and save the subscriber list if you don’t want to use MailChimp).
- Edit the global form settings (field validation message, e-mail validation message)
- Add/Remove/Reorder/Edit the footer menu items (social icons in the demo) as slides, each slide has a text label (that will show on mouseover), link url and icon chooser.
- Import and export admin panel settings, useful for backups or different configurations.
Tags: plugins, wordpress